SWITZERLAND: NA growth keeps Nestle Waters stable
Nestle Waters said its sales were largely stable in 2004 with a decline in Europe counterbalanced by strong growth in North America.
In a statement, the Swiss giant said on a like-for-like basis with a constant exchange rate, sales rose by 0.6%.
"These results are due to extremely contrasting performances in the two regions of the world that account for over 90% of Nestlé Waters' sales - North America and Europe."
In North America, performances were "exceptional" despite unfavourable factors such as heightened competition with the soft drinks giants, a general reduction in prices and sluggish growth in HOD activity. In 2004, Nestlé Waters posted a growth rate of 9.7%, well above market growth estimated at 7.5%.
As for Europe, Nestle Waters said unfavourable weather conditions following the heatwave in 2003 were amplified by profound changes in the consumption habits of households. In this region the price factor has emerged as one of the prime consumer purchase motivations. These factors contributed to a sales decrease of 8.4%.
While the overall market for tea in the UK has declined by some 12% over the past five years, iced tea consumption is on the rise. Annette Sessions reports on the potential for iced tea in the UK and ...
Coca-Cola announced last week that it was taking over full control of its US water joint venture, CCDA Waters, buying out its partner, Danone. However, speculation over the poor performance of the CCD...
Groupe Danone has decided to sell off its entire stake in its US home and office water delivery business DS Waters....
Danone, currently believed to be a takeover target of PepsiCo, reported a fall in first half net income to €347m from €547m, as the company booked a provision of around €200m from negotiations to sell...
Nestle Waters is to bottle its Contrex and Vittel water brands at the same plant in France, according to local press reports....
Nestea, the tea brand developed jointly by Coca-Cola and Nestle, has announced that it is to introduce Nestea Ice, already available in the Asia-Pacific region, in the US....
Nestle Waters has bought a majority stake in a new joint venture in Algeria....
Nestle Waters Spain has inaugurated a new water plant in Herrera del Duque near Badajoz, western Spain, a company spokesman has confirmed to just-drinks....
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research