UK: Myliko appointed UK agent for Canei
Myliko Wines has been appointed the sole UK agent for Canei.
The north-west based importer will be handling distribution for the wine brand from 1 August, the company said today (29 July).
The decision is part of a strategy to expand Myliko's business into the cash and carry and independents market. The Canei brand will also strengthen the Myliko portfolio and fill a gap in their range for low alcohol wine, the company said.
Myliko will be launching a new label for the Canei brand, which will be backed up by a campaign of promotional activity.
A spokesperson for Myliko said: "We are very excited about the future of the Canei brand in the UK. We believe that the demand for lower alcohol wines, coupled with the new packaging and promotional activity, will give us the potential to gain significant new listings across the country.
"Canei is also a well established, global brand which will enhance our portfolio and offer new business potential in various sectors of the drinks industry."
The Canei range includes Frizzante White, Frizzante Rose and Frizzante Peach.
Tax hikes have taken centre stage in discussions between the alcohol industry and several national and state governments around the world over the last year. Michelle Russell reports on a global trend...
January may be the time to look forward to the coming year but few in the drinks industry will be eyeing the coming year with relish. However, given the pessimistic tone of virtually every market and ...
A 13% decline in Burgundy wine exports for the first ten months of 2008 was less severe than expected, but problems are growing in the US and UK, regional wine trade body BIVB has said....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Sweden-based distributor Nigab is to handle Foster's wine brands in the Nordic duty-free and travel retail sectors....
Nick Blair, wine director for Pernod Ricard in the UK, is to be the new chairman of the London International Wine Fair and its sister show, Distil....
Pernod Ricard has announced that Eric Benoist, current marketing head for Martell Perrier-Jouet, will replace Martin Riley as marketing director as Chivas Brothers....
The British Beer and Pub Association (BBPA) has today (22 January) written a letter to Home Secretary Jacqui Smith over Government plans for restrictions on how pubs sell alcohol....
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends