PORTUGAL: Municipality moves to register brand name
The town of Lamego in northern Portugal, is to apply for the registration of the local sparkling wine brand name, Raposeira, with the Portuguese National Institute for Industrial Property (INPI). The move is an attempt to prevent the brand name moving abroad. The sale of the winery, formerly part of Seagram, to Bacardi-Martini is due to be finalised on 12 July.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote