FRANCE: Mumm/PJ appoints wines & vines director
Demarville was previously the Chef de Cave, a post to which he was appointed in 1998.
In addition to overseeing the sourcing and quality control of all grapes for both Mumm and Perrier-Jouët Champagnes, Demarville will also be responsible for all future major capital expenditures - including the renovation of the visitor centre at Champagne Mumm in Reims. He will also establish quality assurance systems across production at both Houses.
Jean-Marie Barillére, chairman of Champagne Mumm & Perrier-Jouët, said: "Dominique has undoubtedly put his own personal 'stamp' on the Mumm Champagne portfolio over the last five years, and this promotion is recognition that he has taken the quality and reputation of the House to new heights. He has worked very hard to improve the consistency and complexity of our flagship Mumm Cordon Rouge Champagne, maximising the quality of grapes in the production of 'vins clairs' and increasing the proportion of reserve wines in the blend. In the course of his work he has established a strong, close working relationship with both cellar hands, growers and vineyard managers and is hugely respected within Champagne for his commitment and dedication."
Demarville said: "I am delighted by my new appointment and relish the challenge of the added responsibilities it brings. I'm very grateful to Jean-Marie Barillére and the Board at Champagne Mumm and Perrier-Jouët for their continued support and encouragement and I'd also like to thank my team of hard working staff and the growers and vineyard managers with whom I've had the privilege of working for the last five years. Without their efforts and support this achievement would not have been possible."
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research