UK: Multi-country blended whisk(e)y launched
A company has launched the world's first multi-country whisk(e)y. The Easy Drinking Whisky Company has blended Cooley's Single Irish Malt with Bunnahabhain Scotch Single Malt to create The Smooth Sweeter One.
The move is an attempt to attract new, younger drinkers to the whisk(e)y sector.
"Our whiskies have been created based on taste and flavour through mixing a number of malts together to produce what we consider to be the perfect malt," David Robertson, a founder of the company and former master distiller of The Macallan, told the Independent newspaper today (16 March).
"Numerous combinations were tried and tested but the Cooley's and Bunnahabhain was the winning formula. At that time, we were unaware that this had never been done before so we're chuffed to bits to have created an industry first."
- CCA - Coca-Cola's Canary in the Mine
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- Comment - The Race Downhill for Treasury
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q1
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Cognac FY sales slide as China troubles bite
- Champagne will not regain lost ground until 2018
- Brown-Forman unveils Jack Daniel's UK push
- Diageo on track with US$115m Bulleit distillery