UK: 'Mr Boombastic' signs up for Malibu
Allied Domecq has secured the services of reggae singer Shaggy for the next 12 months to promote Malibu globally. The drinks group has announced that it will sponsor Shaggy's pending world tour, while the star will also appear in future advertising campaigns.
In a statement, Nick Garland, global vice president for Malibu at Allied Domecq, said: "Shaggy is the perfect choice for the Malibu brand as his upbeat nature and seriously easy outlook and approach to life perfectly mirrors what Malibu is all about - helping to kick-start a fun evening for seriously easy good times.
"We're delighted that a global star of Shaggy's magnitude has teamed up with the brand and we look forward to showing how Malibu and Shaggy make for the ultimate seriously easy night out."
In October last year, Malibu, which Allied Domecq acquired in 2002, moved up to number two speciality spirit in the UK on-trade, it's highest position in over four years.
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Cautious optimism is probably the best way to describe today's press reaction to Pernod's friendly bid for Allied Domecq....
Spirits firm Allied Domecq has agreed to a takeover bid from smaller rival Pernod Ricard, subject to agreement from Allied shareholders....
Allied Domecq last night accepted Pernod Ricard's offer to buy the UK-based drinks giant....
Allied Domecq today delivered a 7% increase in first half group profits before tax to £285m. Earnings per share were up 7% to 19.2p, turnover that was flat at £1,700m....
Drinks producer and distributor Todhunter International has said that its controlling shareholder, CL Financial, is interested in acquiring some of the brands of Allied Domecq that may become availabl...
Pernod Ricard has had its rating raised....
Allied Domecq has added a new flavour to its Malibu range. The company said yesterday that it would be launching Malibu Passion Fruit in the US from April 15....
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review