GERMANY: MPs vote to increase price of RTDs
German MPs have approved plans aimed at discouraging underage drinking and smoking in the country. Ministers yesterday voted to increase taxes on ready-to-drink (RTD) beverages and ban packets of 10 cigarettes.
The price of RTDs in Germany will consequently rise by about 30%, while cigarette packets will have to contain a minimum of 17 cigarettes.
In this month's Just the Answer interview, Jose Ramon Ortiz Monasterio, managing director and chairman of Eurocermex, the Grupo Modelo subsidiary which acts as exclusive distributor for Corona Extra i...
Starbucks Coffee Company has launched a ready-to-drink (RTD) coffee beverage in Japan and Taiwan, the first time it has marketed an RTD outside North America....
Diageo Great Britain is launching a new RTD, into the on-trade this autumn....
The level of RTD (ready-to-drink) consumption in Germany has almost halved since the introduction of a special tax on the beverages....
Diageo said today that its volume growth and mix improvement had slowed in the second half of the year as a result of tougher trading in Europe and a slow down in the ready to drink segment in the US....
A three-year, ZAR150m (US$22m) expansion and refurbishment project has culminated in Durban-based NCP Alcohols becoming the biggest distillery in Africa....
Diageo has announced plans to target the over 40s in Germany, according to local reports....
The introduction of a special surcharge on alcopops in August 2004 has resulted in a dramatic decline in their sales, according to a report in the German weekly magazine, Der Spiegel....
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Coca-Cola can unleash Monster with energy plunge
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Coca-Cola secures US$2.15bn stake in Monster
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- AG Barr poaches Diageo exec to be FD