US: Mountain Dew prepares 'Transforming' promotion
Mountain Dew has teamed up with Paramount Pictures and DreamWorks in an online promotion with the impending release of the film Transformers in the US.
Pepsi-Cola North America confirmed yesterday (14 May), that its carbonate beverage, Mountain Dew, will run a US$7m prize draw promotion in conjunction with the July release of the film.
The online prize draw, 'Transform Your Summer', will run for 12 weeks and involves winning codes being hidden under the lids of 20oz and 1-litre bottles of Mountain Dew, Pepsi and Sierra Mist. Consumers then go to the website www.transformyoursummer.com and enter their code for a chance to win from over US$7m worth of prizes.
The campaign will offer entrants the chance to choose from home entertainment and gaming packages, trips to sporting events or a choice of holidays. Limited edition Transformers merchandise will also be available to win.
"Transformers promises to be a huge blockbuster film that we know our Mountain Dew consumers are anxious to see," said PepsiCo NA's vice president of marketplace initiative development, Mike Dillon. "To match the excitement surrounding the movie, we're offering a robust line-up of cool prizes and will give away thousands of them each day of the 'Transform Your Summer' promotion."
PepsiCo, which owns beverage brands including Gatorade, Tropicans and Pepsi, recently posted a 9% jump in operating profit for 2006 to US$6.4bn on the back of 8% rise in net sales to $35.1bn. Mountain Dew's performance fell back in the fourth quarter, although diet variants enjoyed rising sales.
The promotion will be backed by a television advert in the country, which will debut early next month. The film opens in the US on 4 July.
UK soft drinks group Britvic has unveiled plans for an advertising campaign in the UK for its Pepsi Max brand featuring exclusive music and footage of the US hip hop group Black Eyed Peas....
PepsiAmericas and PepsiCo have completed their purchase of the remaining shares in Ukrainian juice company Sandora....
PepsiCo has realigned its company structure in an effort to "more fully leverage the talents of its senior leaders"....
Unilever has insisted it is "confident" of meeting its full-year financial targets despite restructruring charges hitting quarterly profits....
Starbucks and PepsiCo have entered the Chinese RTD market....
The Purple Beverage Co. has appointed the former Pizza Hut and Pepsi-Cola boss as its new marketing advisor....
Global bottled water consumption has continued to increase, with Asia/Australasia and North America leading the markets, according to a recent report....
PepsiAmericas has posted a lift in operating income for its third quarter, on the back of rising sales....
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report