UK: Mount Gay sets sail for Cowes Week
UK distributor First Drinks is to promote Mount Gay rum at this year's Cowes Week sailing regatta on the Isle of Wight.
Running from 1 to 8 August, Mount Gay will be visible at the event through branding, as well as through radio, PR, sampling and promotions in on-trade outlets. Off-trade support will also be provided with staff t-shirts and bottle insulators being distributed through the wholesale and convenience channels.
The brand will also hold a Cowes Week Mount Gay Red Cap party on 6 August.
Competitions will run in magazines giving consumers an opportunity to race at Cowes Week and win VIP treatment at the event.
Gemma Adams, brand manager for Mount Gay, said: "Cowes Week is the world's oldest regatta so it is the ideal platform for us to promote Mount Gay, the world's oldest rum.
"As well as targeting our loyal customers in the sailing community, we are also looking to recruit new rum drinkers to trade up to the brand by encouraging them to trial the new serve suggestions."
The one consistent prediction coming from everyone's crystal ball is that 2010 is going to be a tough year for the global wine industry. Chris Losh, however, believes that the next 12 months will stil...
Growth in both the global spirits and wine categories is expected to slow markedly in the five years to 2013, according to new research....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Today, it's the Top Ten Most Read Reports of 2009....
Like the other sectors of our industry, the economy cast a shadow over the spirits category in 2009. The aftershocks of the downturn spread around the world, with Scotland appearing to be the epicentr...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Today, it's the Top Ten Most Read Interviews of 2009....
As the decade draws to a close and just-drinks reflects on its first ten years of publication, our editorial team picks the ten stories that defined the noughties for the drinks industry and shaped ou...
Remy Cointreau's US subsidiary has appointed Maren Boot as vice president of human resources....
Ian Macleod Distillers has signed a deal for its Isle of Skye Scotch whisky to sponsor Scottish Racing....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends