UK: Mount Gay sets sail for Cowes Week
Mount Gay will be visible at Cowes through branding and sampling
UK distributor First Drinks is to promote Mount Gay rum at this year's Cowes Week sailing regatta on the Isle of Wight.
Running from 31 July to 7 August, Mount Gay will be visible at the event through branding, as well as through sampling and promotions in on-trade outlets, the distributor said today (29 June).
A 'Rum Booth' will also offer consumers an opportunity to sample aged rums or one of a selection of summer cocktails.
Kathy Roe, senior brand manager for Mount Gay Rum, said: “This year will see our biggest-ever UK marketing spend on Mount Gay in the UK, which has enabled us to really increase our support of Cowes Week. Mount Gay Rum has forged a strong presence within the global sailing community over the last three centuries and Cowes Week offers us a great opportunity to build on this.”
Mount Gay began sponsoring the Cowes Week sailing regatta in 2006.
In this, the final part of just-drinks' review of 2010, Olly Wehring takes a look at what made the wine headlines this year....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read Hot Topics on just-drinks in 2010....
The US unit of Rémy Cointreau has extended its distribution partnership with The Edrington Group in the country....
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down
- Constellation recalls Corona over glass threat