UK: Morrisons poaches Waitrose buyer for wine sourcing manager
Morrisons has created a new role in its wine buying team
UK retailer Wm Morrison has created the position of wine sourcing manager, recruiting a wine buyer from rival supermarket chain Waitrose to assume the role.
Katie Mollet will be responsible for sourcing wines from Italy, Germany, Bordeaux, Loire, Alsace and Eastern Europe, Morrisons said. She will also have responsibility for sourcing fortified wines.
A spokesperson for the company told just-drinks yesterday (4 September) that Clive Donaldson, the current wine sourcing manager, will remain at Morrisons, with Mollet set to work alongside him.
Mollet will report in to Mark Jarman, head of wine operations at Morrisons.
Sectors: HR – personnel
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Will Remy come off worse in China Cognac recovery?
- William Grant and Drambuie: It Had to be You
- Wines of the Beautiful South Ups its Game
- Soft Drinks & Water - Russia in Turmoil
- Bacardi-Martini appoints Southern Europe chief
- Diageo opens Guinness Brewhouse No 4 in Dublin
- William Grant gives Sailor Jerry pack revamp
- Scottish leader speaks out over Scotch whisky
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l