UK: Morrisons poaches Waitrose buyer for wine sourcing manager
Morrisons has created a new role in its wine buying team
UK retailer Wm Morrison has created the position of wine sourcing manager, recruiting a wine buyer from rival supermarket chain Waitrose to assume the role.
Katie Mollet will be responsible for sourcing wines from Italy, Germany, Bordeaux, Loire, Alsace and Eastern Europe, Morrisons said. She will also have responsibility for sourcing fortified wines.
A spokesperson for the company told just-drinks yesterday (4 September) that Clive Donaldson, the current wine sourcing manager, will remain at Morrisons, with Mollet set to work alongside him.
Mollet will report in to Mark Jarman, head of wine operations at Morrisons.
Sectors: HR – personnel
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future