Product Launch - UK: Morrison Bowmore's Small Batch Reserve
Click through to view Morrison Bowmore's Small Batch Reserve
Morrison Bowmore's Small Batch Reserve
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, Islay, single malt, 40% abv
Available - From this month, limited release
Location - UK, off-trade, supermarkets including Asda
Price - SRP GBP32.99 (US$53.35) per 70cl bottle
Morrison Bowmore has launched its Small Batch Reserve, a limited release Scotch that the company claims is its lightest whisky so far.
The reserve is limited to 5,000 cases and will be sold in the UK off-trade as well as through a distribution deal with Asda, Morrison Bowmore told just-drinks. The new addition coincides with the release earlier this year of new packaging across the Bowmore range and new travel-retail marketing, the company said.
Bowmore said the Islay single malt has been launched in response to increased consumer demand for special and small-batch whiskies. It was created from a selection of first- and second-fill Bourbon casks and combined for an extended period of maturation.
Last month, Morrison Bowmore launched a marketing campaign for its 15-year-old Darkest Scotch brand.
An online row broke out among the Scotch whisky fraternity earlier this month. It all kicked off with the launch of The Macallan Gold from The Edrington Group, and its cousins Amber, Sienna and Ruby, ...
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends