Product Launch - GLOBAL: Morrison Bowmore's Bowmore 40 Years Old, Bowmore 1981
Morrison Bowmore's Bowmore Islay single malt brand
Morrison Bowmore's Bowmore 40 Years Old, Bowmore 1981
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, Islay, single malt
Available - From next month
Location - Globally, through specialist whisky suppliers
Price - GBP6,500 (US$10,136) and GBP270 per bottle, respectively
Distribution - In the UK, Cellar Trends (01283 217703, email@example.com)
The two single malts were launched last week at the National Geographic flagship store in London.
A total of 53 bottles of the limited edition Bowmore 40 Years Old will be released for sale worldwide. The bottles are hand-blown and sculpted using molten glass and stones collected from the Islay shore. Each bottle also has a hand-engraved solid silver collar. Finally the whisky is presented on a polished slab of natural slate.
The Bowmore 1981 is the first in the Bowmore vintage series, and is limited to 402 bottles worldwide. Presented in a wooden gift box with a brown leather strap and copper buckle, each bottle is also accompanied by a signed and numbered certificate by the distillery manager.
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Diageo, Nolets unveil latest Ketel One campaign