Product Launch - GLOBAL: Morrison Bowmore's Bowmore 40 Years Old, Bowmore 1981
Morrison Bowmore's Bowmore Islay single malt brand
Morrison Bowmore's Bowmore 40 Years Old, Bowmore 1981
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, Islay, single malt
Available - From next month
Location - Globally, through specialist whisky suppliers
Price - GBP6,500 (US$10,136) and GBP270 per bottle, respectively
Distribution - In the UK, Cellar Trends (01283 217703, firstname.lastname@example.org)
The two single malts were launched last week at the National Geographic flagship store in London.
A total of 53 bottles of the limited edition Bowmore 40 Years Old will be released for sale worldwide. The bottles are hand-blown and sculpted using molten glass and stones collected from the Islay shore. Each bottle also has a hand-engraved solid silver collar. Finally the whisky is presented on a polished slab of natural slate.
The Bowmore 1981 is the first in the Bowmore vintage series, and is limited to 402 bottles worldwide. Presented in a wooden gift box with a brown leather strap and copper buckle, each bottle is also accompanied by a signed and numbered certificate by the distillery manager.
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"