Product Launch - GLOBAL: Morrison Bowmore's Bowmore 23 Years Old
Click through to view Morrison Bowmore's Bowmore 23 Years Old
Morrison Bowmore's Bowmore 23 Years Old
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, Islay, single malt, 50.8% abv
Available - From this month
Location - Globally, limited to 12,000 bottles
Price - In UK, RRP of GBP380 (US$585) per bottle
Morrison Bowmore has launched an extension of its Bowmore single malt Scotch whisky brand. Bowmore 23 Years Old has been matured in Port casks exclusively.
A total of 12,000 bottles will be made available, with 120 cases coming to the UK.
Last month, Suntory-owned Morrison Bowmore updated the packaging for its core Auchentoshan Scotch brands Three Wood and 12 Years Old.
Bowmore, Islay’s first Single Malt whisky, has announced the launch of Bowmore 23 Years Old – a deliciously rich, smoky and complex dram that has been matured exclusively in port casks for 23 years giving it a deliciously dark colour and remarkably rich flavour.
This non-chill filtered Single Malt Scotch is a whisky to warm the coldest Islay night. A delicious feast of smoke infused blood orange, luscious layered autumn fruits, winter spices, black truffles and walnut oil balanced with the trademark Bowmore sea-salt tang.
European Brand ambassador Gordon Dundas describes the dram as “Truly an exceptional Bowmore. Full maturation in the finest Port casks is rare but gives this bottling an amazing depth and flavour developed over 23 years while importantly still retaining all of the character of Bowmore. Something to be savoured…”
This outstanding limited edition is the ideal whisky to add to any enthusiast’s collection. Presented in packaging that reflects its quality and exclusivity, this revered dram is encased in a deep-red hinged box, which perfectly complements the deep mahogany liquid. A black clasp keeps the whisky locked away. Once opened it reveals a certificate handwritten by the Bowmore Distillery manager Eddie MacAffer.
Less than 12,000 bottles have been released worldwide with 120 cases available in the UK priced at £380 RRP, 50.8% ABV.
Bowmore 23 Year Old is available from July.
Original source: Company Release
Eyebrows rose earlier this week at the US$16bn that Suntory is set to pay for Beam Inc. At 20 times the company's EBITDA, the transaction is at the more expensive end of the scale. Here, courtesy of a...
The rate of consolidation in the spirits category is markedly slower than that of many consumer industries. So, could the news this week that Suntory is set to buy Beam Inc trigger a wave of M&A? Past...
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China