UK: Morrison Bowmore unveils limited editions
Morrison Bowmore has launched two more limited edition bottlings.
The UK Scotch distiller today (26 June) unveiled Bowmore 16-Years-Old and Bowmore 37-Years-Old. The former has been stored in a selection of Oloroso sherry casks, while its older stablemate has been matured in bourbon oak casks for almost four decades.
Morrison Bowmore described the 16-Years-Old as having "big, rich and complex" aromas of "dark chocolate, raisins and sweet figs bound together with that distinctive Bowmore smokiness".
The older whisky was described with "aromas (that) are delicate with candied fruits, cinnamon and warm smoky undertones. On the palate it is lightly smoked with exotic fruits and vanilla".
Glen Moore, Bowmore brand director added: "These releases, demonstrate the complexity of Bowmore single malt and the influence the cask type has on Bowmore. It really is an opportunity for enthusiasts and collectors to own some unique examples of this fabulous malt."
The whiskies will be available from specialist retailers, the company added.
South Africa and the European Union are hoping to meet early next year to settle the issue of geographical indicators and trademarks....
A.V. Imports is set to add a wine and a Sherry to its González Byass portfolio....
The head of Beam Global Spirits & Wine's UK arm has urged the country's alcohol companies to forge a better relationship with retailers to drive innovation in a "pretty difficult" market....
Beam Wine Estates said today (28 July) that its launch of an orange-infused sherry would "revolutionise" an ailing category....
The makers of Scotland's only triple distilled single malt whisky, Auchentoshan, has revealed plans to release an 18 Years Old limited edition bottling....
Coming up at this year's London International Wine & Spirit Fair…...
Beam Wine Estates has launched Harveys Fino in the company's first extension to its sherry portfolio in nine years....
Obstacles have been thrown into the path of imports into Chile of wines made outside the EU and which are sold using controversial and contested geographical indications such as sherry, Bordeaux and P...
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018