UK: Morrison Bowmore unveils limited editions
Morrison Bowmore has launched two more limited edition bottlings.
The UK Scotch distiller today (26 June) unveiled Bowmore 16-Years-Old and Bowmore 37-Years-Old. The former has been stored in a selection of Oloroso sherry casks, while its older stablemate has been matured in bourbon oak casks for almost four decades.
Morrison Bowmore described the 16-Years-Old as having "big, rich and complex" aromas of "dark chocolate, raisins and sweet figs bound together with that distinctive Bowmore smokiness".
The older whisky was described with "aromas (that) are delicate with candied fruits, cinnamon and warm smoky undertones. On the palate it is lightly smoked with exotic fruits and vanilla".
Glen Moore, Bowmore brand director added: "These releases, demonstrate the complexity of Bowmore single malt and the influence the cask type has on Bowmore. It really is an opportunity for enthusiasts and collectors to own some unique examples of this fabulous malt."
The whiskies will be available from specialist retailers, the company added.
South Africa and the European Union are hoping to meet early next year to settle the issue of geographical indicators and trademarks....
A.V. Imports is set to add a wine and a Sherry to its González Byass portfolio....
The head of Beam Global Spirits & Wine's UK arm has urged the country's alcohol companies to forge a better relationship with retailers to drive innovation in a "pretty difficult" market....
Beam Wine Estates said today (28 July) that its launch of an orange-infused sherry would "revolutionise" an ailing category....
The makers of Scotland's only triple distilled single malt whisky, Auchentoshan, has revealed plans to release an 18 Years Old limited edition bottling....
Coming up at this year's London International Wine & Spirit Fair…...
Beam Wine Estates has launched Harveys Fino in the company's first extension to its sherry portfolio in nine years....
Obstacles have been thrown into the path of imports into Chile of wines made outside the EU and which are sold using controversial and contested geographical indications such as sherry, Bordeaux and P...
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review