UK: Morrison Bowmore readies Bowmore limited edition
Morrison Bowmore has lined up a limited edition expression of its Bowmore single malt Scotch.
The company, which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Japanese drinks group Suntory, said today (2 December) that the 'Maltmen's Selection' - a 13 year-old single malt - will be the first in a series of annual releases going forward.
The brand addition has been created from five sherry casks, which were chosen and filled by four maltmen at Bowmore in 1995.
A total of 3,000 bottles of the Scotch, which has an abv of 54.6%, will be available exclusively from the distillery visitor centre and from www.bowmore.co.uk for GBP120 (US$180) per bottle.
Champagne and Cognac group Rémy Cointreau watched its full-year sales slip by 11.6% this week as demand for premium alcohol continued to drop. Michelle Russell assesses the group's prospects....
Proposed new legislation in Scotland aimed at tackling alcohol abuse has sparked huge debate. Chris Losh believes the plans display muddled thinking and fail once again to address the real cultural pr...
Suntory will follow up its success with previous special summer limited edition Pepsi cola drinks with Shiso Pepsi, based on the flavour of perilla leaves (shiso in Japanese), a favoured condiment to ...
William Grant & Sons is expanding its Glenfiddich Distillery Edition Scotch whisky out of travel retail and into specialist retailers across key markets worldwide....
Suntory, the Japanese drinks firm, has launched Hibiki 12-year-old whisky in the UK as it looks to expand the brand on the world stage....
UK wine wholesaler Matthew Clark is to be the exclusive on-trade supplier for Spanish sherry and wine firm Gonzalez Byass....
Glenmorangie Company, the Scotch whisky arm of Moët Hennessy, has released a limited edition travel-retail exclusive whisky called Sonnalta PX....
Drambuie is to link up with whisky distiller Morrison Bowmore in Scotland, as group CEO Phil Parnell tells just-drinks that the group is in good financial shape to weather the recession....
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- How has craft beer put the squeeze on world beers?
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Consumers want brands that challenge them - study
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Heineken signs JV deal in Philippines
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends