UK: Morrison Bowmore Distillers sees FY profits jump
- Net profits jump 42% to GBP6.9m (US$10.7m)
- Sales rise 12% to 5.2m
- Pre-tax profits up 39% to GBP8.5m
- Borrowing up 50% to GBP37.7m
The company has benefited from investment in its single malt brands
Morrison Bowmore Distillers has reported a healthy rise in full-year profits after investment in its single malt brands.
Net profits in the 12 months to the end of last December jumped by 42% to GBP6.9m (US$10.7m), the Suntory Holdings-owned Scotch whisky producer reported today (8 August). Sales in the period rose by 12% to GBP5.2m, while pre-tax profits were up by 39% to GBP8.5m.
The company, whose brands include Bowmore and Auchentoshan, said its performance was due to its "strategy of focussing resources and investment" on its single malt brands.
Borrowing in the year rose by 50% to GBP37.7m as the group invested in long-term whisky stocks to "meet the growing demand" for its single malt brands.
Suntory Holdings aims to reinforce its core business, carry out internal synergies in the Suntory Group, and develop new businesses. In order to achieve this, the company targets further cultivation o...
Just before January is out, Ian Buxton is here for his first comment piece of 2014, and he's keen to consider what the fist big M&A transacion of the year will mean in the Scotch whisky industry....
Suntory Holdings Ltd aims to reinforce its position by strengthening its marketing and promotional campaigns that can offer new value and new ways for consumers to enjoy alcoholic drinks, and also by ...
Carbonated Soft Drinks in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also cont...
Carbonated Soft Drinks in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also con...
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Alcohol retailer group appoints new chairman