UK: Morrison Bowmore Distillers sees FY profits jump
- Net profits jump 42% to GBP6.9m (US$10.7m)
- Sales rise 12% to 5.2m
- Pre-tax profits up 39% to GBP8.5m
- Borrowing up 50% to GBP37.7m
The company has benefited from investment in its single malt brands
Morrison Bowmore Distillers has reported a healthy rise in full-year profits after investment in its single malt brands.
Net profits in the 12 months to the end of last December jumped by 42% to GBP6.9m (US$10.7m), the Suntory Holdings-owned Scotch whisky producer reported today (8 August). Sales in the period rose by 12% to GBP5.2m, while pre-tax profits were up by 39% to GBP8.5m.
The company, whose brands include Bowmore and Auchentoshan, said its performance was due to its "strategy of focussing resources and investment" on its single malt brands.
Borrowing in the year rose by 50% to GBP37.7m as the group invested in long-term whisky stocks to "meet the growing demand" for its single malt brands.
Suntory Holdings Ltd aims to reinforce its position by strengthening its marketing and promotional campaigns that can offer new value and new ways for consumers to enjoy alcoholic drinks, and also by ...
Just before January is out, Ian Buxton is here for his first comment piece of 2014, and he's keen to consider what the fist big M&A transacion of the year will mean in the Scotch whisky industry....
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Bottled Water market to grow at a CAGR of 5.4 percent over the period 2012-2016. The population is increasing in many countries and this is one of the key fact...
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research