Product Launch – UK/TRAVEL RETAIL: Morrison Bowmore Distillers' Glen Garioch single cask range
Morrison Bowmore Distillers has launches a single cask range from its Glen Garioch Scotch brand
Morrison Bowmore Distillers' Glen Garioch single cask range
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, single malt
Available - From this month
Location - The following UK airports: Gatwick North, Gatwick South, Heathrow Terminals 1, 3, 4 and 5, Stansted, Manchester, Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow
Price - Between GBP90 (US$140) and £350 per 70cl bottle
Distribution - Cellar Trends Ltd
Morrison Bowmore has partnered with the UK operations of the World Duty Free Group to launch a range of 11 single cask, single malt Scotch whiskies.
- Cask Number 2906, which has an abv of 58.2%, is a 12-year-old single malt. It is available from World Duty Free Gatwick North for GBP90 per bottle.
- Cask Number 828, a 15-year-old Scotch, has an abv of 53.8%. It will retail at GBP99 from World Duty Free Gatwick South.
- World Duty Free Terminal 1 will stock Cask Number 989, a 52.3% abv, 14-year-old whisky for GBP95.
- Cask Number 661, a 14-year-old with an abv of 57.9%, retails at GBP95 from World Duty Free Terminal 3.
- Cask Number 2911, which is 12 years old, has an abv of 57.9%. It is stocked at World Duty Free Terminal 4 and costs GBP90.
- World Duty Free Terminal 5 boasts Cask Number 668, a 14-year-old with an abv of GBP95. Its abv is 53.9%.
- At Stansted, World Duty Free has Cask Number 4633, a 61% abv 13-year-old, at GBP95.
- Biza Manchester is stocking Cask Number 663, which is 14 years old, has an abv of 56.3% and costs GBP95.
- Cask Number 10997 is on sale at World Duty Free Glasgow. It is 33 years old, has an abv of 54.8% and costs GBP350.
- World Duty Free Edinburgh offers Cask Number 670, which has an abv of 58.9%. The 14-year-old retails at GBP95.
- Finally, at World Duty Free Aberdeen, Cask Number 1807 is available. The 26-year-old whisky, which has an abv of 52.4%, retails at GBP200.
Glen Garioch is pronounced 'Glen Geery'.
Glen Garioch’s New Year is off to a flying start as a series of exclusive single malt whiskies hand-selected by the World Duty Free Group hit the shelves this January.
Aimed at passengers flying from regional airports across the UK, the 11 exclusive Glen Garioch Single Casks were specially selected by staff from World Duty Free store teams at key UK airports including Gatwick North, Gatwick South, Heathrow Terminals 1, 3, 4 and 5, Stansted and the three Scottish airports in Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow, as well as the Biza store teams in Manchester.
Teams visited the Glen Garioch distillery in Oldmeldrum, Aberdeenshire, one of Scotland’s oldest distilleries, to select their own individual Glen Garioch Single Cask which will be exclusively available to purchase from each respective airport’s World Duty Free store.
With some casks yielding just 58 bottles each, the World Duty Free range of Single Casks will be a must-have for whisky lovers, enthusiasts and travellers looking for a truly special spirit.
Paul Hunnisett, Head of Sales Europe said, "We are delighted to get off to a great start in 2013 by partnering with the World Duty Free Group, who are the industry’s leading travel retailer. Some of the airport teams from around the country sampled many casks during their time at the distillery and embraced the charm of the Highlands and the hand-crafted process peculiar to Glen Garioch."
"Each cask represents the very essence of Glen Garioch and its artisan origins and air travellers will have the chance to enjoy what is considered the quintessential Highland malt. What makes these bottlings really special is that each World Duty Free store team has personally picked a cask that they believe will provide customers at their own regional airport with a unique taste of the Highlands."
Nigel Sandals, Buying Manager Liquor, UK at World Duty Free Group said: "Glen Garioch is the epitome of Highland charisma and malt magic in a glass. The distillery produces a beautiful range of single malt whiskies that are enjoyed by our customers across the UK airports. World Duty Free store staff had an amazing experience when they visited the distillery to have the opportunity to try Glen Garioch’s fine selection of handcrafted Single Casks.
"Our customers will have the chance to purchase a Single Cask exclusive to each airport, so they can taste their own Highland experience."
The Glen Garioch Single Casks come in a range of specially crafted cartons and each bottle is individually numbered and marked as a World Duty Free special edition.
Original source: Company Release
A recent bout of activity in the Cognac region - from investment to divestment - suggests lively times ahead for the brandy and Cognac category. Ian Buxton looks at the headlines, and sees his eye bei...
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Pernod takes Absolut Warhol push to Travel Retail
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014