JAPAN: Morgan Stanley to acquire 1.5% in Sapporo
The investment bank Morgan Stanley is to acquire a 1.5% stake in the Japanese brewer Sapporo Holdings by the end of the year.
The stake is part of a deal between the two businesses to work on Sapporo's real estate business and may see Morgan Stanley up the stake to 5% in the future.
As part of the plan to expand the real estate business, Morgan Stanley will also buy a 15% stake in Yebisu Garden Place, Sapporo's flagship commercial property in downtown Tokyo for US$437m.
Kirin Holdings and Sapporo Holdings are looking to merge their beer distribution in the north of Japan, according to local reports....
Domestic shipments of beer and beer-like products in Japan registered a fall in the first three months of 2008, according to recent figures....
Steel Partners has backed down from pushing for a majority stake in the Japanese brewer Sapporo Holdings but sweetened its offer in order to capture a one-third stake in the business instead....
Domestic shipments of beer and beer-like beverages in Japan rose slightly last month ahead of further price rises in the country, according to recent figures....
- CCA - Coca-Cola's Canary in the Mine
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory
- Brown-Forman unveils Jack Daniel's UK push
- Champagne will not regain lost ground until 2018
- Bacardi announces CFO switch