BELGIUM: More suitors for A-B InBev East Europe assets - report
Investor firms Warburg Pincus and Cinven are believed to have joined a pack of potential suitors that already included Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR), TPG and CVC Capital Partners, according to Reuters report today (18 June), citing sources close to the situation.
Several analysts have told just-drinks that it "makes sense" for A-B InBev to sell assets in Eastern Europe.
A-B InBev has reiterated its commitment to disposals, in order to help pay off a US$7bn bridge loan taken out to fund InBev's $52bn buyout of Anheuser-Busch. However, the brewer has declined to comment on which assets are for sale.
A report by Belgian newspaper Le Soir said at the weekend that A-B InBev intended to sell 11 breweries across seven countries in Eastern Europe, including Staropramen in Czech Republic.
Sun InBev in Russia and Ukraine is not thought to be on the list for now, although just-drinks understands from an industry source that A-B InBev has received interest in its Russian unit.
One analyst told just-drinks yesterday (17 June) that the assets, which only account for around 3% of A-B InBev's global beer volumes, may fetch US$2bn.
Some analysts have estimated the price could be nearer $2.5bn.
Results posted by major brewers in recent weeks suggest conditions are improving in the global beer market, which is borne out by a new report from just-drinks forecasting growth over the medium term....
Molson Coors and C&C Group have revised their distribution agreement over C&C's Draught Magners cider brand in the UK....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has beefed up its "recyclage" activity for its Stella Artois brand in the UK....
Skinny Nutritional has posted almost a doubling of net losses for its third quarter, as sales continue to rise for its flavoured water portfolio....
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has questioned the legality of caffeinated alcoholic beverages and may ban the drinks if producers cannot prove that adding caffeine to alcohol is safe....
The US Food ad Drug Administration is to investigate the safety and legality of caffeinated alcoholic beverages, following concern over the effects of the drinks on consumers....
AmBev, the division of Anheuser-Busch InBev, booked a 5.8% increase in third-quarter profit, boosted by beer sales in Brazil and prices increases....
Read the top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research