POLAND: More state distiller sell-offs? Report
The Polish government is keen to offload more liquor companies following the success of its Polmos Bialystok sell-off. Polish News Bulletin reported today (20 July) that the Treasury Ministry is looking to sell its stakes in a further three distillers: Polmos Bielsko-Biala, Polmos Torun and Polmos Szczecin.
Bielsko-Biala will prove especially attractive, the news service said, as it is the largest of the three and has two strong local brands in Ekstra Zytnia and Advocaat.
Polish News Bulletin added that Central European Distribution Corp., which won the race for Polmos Bialystok earlier this month, is expected to go head to head again with Polmos Lublin and Sobieski Dystrybucja for Bielsko-Biala.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Molson Coors' Rekorderlig Cider Cocktails - NPD
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends