UK: More RTD launches despite falling sales
The RTD category has not yet recovered from the impact of increased excise duties in 2002, which has lead to increased prices and a reduction in alcoholic content of a number of leading brands.
However, this has not stopped producers launching new brands and variants. Coors Brewers has added a Pear and Grape variant to its leading still RTD Reef range replacing the Lemon and Lime flavour introduced in June 2002. Coors has decided to never have more than five flavours in the Reef range (Blackcurrant and Raspberry replaced Pineapple & Citrus earlier this year).
Bacardi-Martini has launched the latest addition to the Bacardi Breezer range, Diet Lemon, into the on-trade. The variant, which was introduced into the off-trade earlier this year, contains only 100 calories and half the sugar level of the regular style..
Marks & Spencer have also added two further ranges to its RTD portfolio with the launch of Vodka N. Ice and Vodka INC (both 5.0% abv/27.5cl). The Vodka N. Ice range is carbonated with five variants - Black Cherry, Cranberry, Orange Passionfruit & Lime and Pineapple & Grapefruit - and retails at £1.49. The Vodka INC range is still (20% fruit juice), has three variants - Apple & Kiwi, Orange & Mango and Raspberry & Guava - and retails at £1.59.
The Threshers group, who launched Imperial Ice (lemon) in February, has also recently added to the range introducing Blackcurrant and Orange variants.
©Pat Brazzier P.A.S.H. Beverage Research
Companies: Bacardi Ltd
Flavoured vodkas have been a major success story in the US where they have prospered on the back of strong sector growth and premiumisation. With European markets also showing consistent growth and so...
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
As the US distillers' association, Discus, for the first time in its history publishes its annual report into spirits advertising, which includes complaints against its self-regulatory code, David Rob...
The board of directors of Bacardi Limited have completed the company's chairman succession plan by electing Facundo L. Bacardi chairman of the board effective immediately....
Spirits producer Bacardi has been ordered by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to comply with the Clean Water Act with regard to waste water discharges into the Atlantic Ocean from its dist...
Pernod Ricard is pushing the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) to release more info about one of its competitors, according to press reports....
Bacardi has announced a succession plan for the company's chairmanship....
Bacardi has unveiled the identity of its new CEO and president....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts