UK: More ethical claims targeted at Coca-Cola Co.
The Coca-Cola Co. is bracing itself for a fresh ethical onslaught in the UK next week.
A terrestrial television station is set to broadcast a documentary on Monday (19 November), accusing the soft drinks giant of using child labour and holding a track record of environmental abuses. The programme will allege that Coca-Cola is employing under-age workers in El Salvador to work in sugar cane plantations.
When contacted by just-drinks today (16 November), a spokesperson for Coca-Cola GB noted that the company had not yet seen the programme, which will air on Channel 4.
"We are aware of the Dispatches programme on Coca-Cola and will watch the programme when it airs on 19 November," the spokesperson said.
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Coca-Cola Hellenic (CCHBC) has had a "solid start" to 2008, with sales and profits both rising in the first quarter....
The Coca-Cola Co. has signed a letter of intent to acquire a number of water and energy drink brands in Denmark and Finland from regional bottling partner Carlsberg....
Shares of the Dr Pepper Snapple Group have officially begun trading on the New York Stock Exchange, away from former owner Cadbury Schweppes....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has seen "soft economic conditions" in North America hamper its first quarter performance....
Coca-Cola Embonor has issued US$43.5m in local bonds....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has named a new senior vice president for human resources....
The Coca-Cola Co. will continue to sponsor the torch relay as part of the run-up to the summer Olympics in Beijing, despite protesters opposed to China's policies in Tibet....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages