GERMANY: Moody's lowers A-B rating
Moody's has lowered its long-term rating of Anheuser-Busch to A2 from A1 following a review of the US brewer.
The downgrade is a result of the Missouri-based brewer announcing a more aggressive financial policy, including a 100m share repurchase programme, the analyst said. However, Moody's expects A-B to maintain its strong leadership position in the US beer operations and continue to generate large, stable cash flows.
Moody's also affirmed A-B's Prime-1 short term rating, and posted its rating outlook as stable.
US brewing giant Anheuser-Busch is embroiled in a clash with the Wisconsin-based craft brewer Capital Brewery Company over the latter's attempts to trademark the phrase "America's No. 1 Rated Brewery"...
Budejovicky Budvar has sold 11% more beer in H1 than last year, according to reports....
Crown Beers India, the joint venture between Anheuser-Busch and Crown International, has launched a new locally-produced Budweiser in India....
US investment bank Goldman Sachs has warned that top brewers in the US will be facing tough conditions for the foreseeable future....
The alcohol industry has come under fire from a pressure group for its alleged failure to invest enough in responsible drinking advertising in the US....
Anheuser-Busch is being countersued in the US by one of its distributors in Florida....
Anheuser-Busch has admitted that it has suffered "supply disruptions" to the InBev portfolio in the US....
Anheuser-Busch has claimed victory over Budejovicky Budvar in 12 European trademark decisions. The Czech-based brewer, however, has moved to play down the ruling, claiming it is "not a threat" to its ...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages