US: Montalvo Spirits expands Tequila footprint, eyes export market
Montalvo Spirits has expanded distribution for its namesake Tequila to two more US states and is looking to take the brand international.
Montalvo Tequila, which launched in New York state and California in April 2012, is now available in New Jersey, through MHW, and in Florida, via Antares, the company announced late last week. Montalvo’s CEO Alex Viecco said the states were the "logical next step" for the brand.
“Our growth into new key markets is driven by increased recognition of the brand, through grassroots marketing efforts and by our success in spirits competitions,” added Viecco.
The company is also in talks to up its distribution throughout the US and internationally, it said, with additional wholesaler partnerships expected to be announced "early this summer".
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China