US: Montalvo Spirits expands Tequila footprint, eyes export market
Montalvo Spirits has expanded distribution for its namesake Tequila to two more US states and is looking to take the brand international.
Montalvo Tequila, which launched in New York state and California in April 2012, is now available in New Jersey, through MHW, and in Florida, via Antares, the company announced late last week. Montalvo’s CEO Alex Viecco said the states were the "logical next step" for the brand.
“Our growth into new key markets is driven by increased recognition of the brand, through grassroots marketing efforts and by our success in spirits competitions,” added Viecco.
The company is also in talks to up its distribution throughout the US and internationally, it said, with additional wholesaler partnerships expected to be announced "early this summer".
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Belvedere unveils executive team
- Stock Spirits recruits Drambuie head for MD role