UK: Mont Tauch launches eco-packaging
Mont Tauch has launched a new Tetra Pak for its Village du Sud range of Vins de Pays d'Oc in the UK.
The co-op, based in the Languedoc region of southern France, said today (24 September) that its Village du Sud range, containing red Old Vines Grenache, will be available across the UK in prism-shaped packaging.
The resealable and collapsible carton, which has been decorated by the artist Tim Bulmer, reduces packaging by 90% and takes less energy to produce, transport and recycle, the company claimed.
The Village du Sud carton will be available in Co-op stores across the UK from 29 October for one week at the promotional price of GBP3.99 (US$8) for one litre.
In May, a Reserve range of Fitou, Corbières and Rivesaltes wines was added to the company's portfolio in the UK. A slew of Village Selection and Single Vineyard wines from the Mont Tauch also went on sale.
There are over 300 growers in the Mont Tauch co-operative. UK agent Thierry's handles the portfolio in the UK, where Mont Tauch wines usually sell from GBP4.99 (US$9.63) for entry-level varieties, to GBP9.99 for the Village Selection labels.
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends