UK: Mont Tauch launches eco-packaging
Mont Tauch has launched a new Tetra Pak for its Village du Sud range of Vins de Pays d'Oc in the UK.
The co-op, based in the Languedoc region of southern France, said today (24 September) that its Village du Sud range, containing red Old Vines Grenache, will be available across the UK in prism-shaped packaging.
The resealable and collapsible carton, which has been decorated by the artist Tim Bulmer, reduces packaging by 90% and takes less energy to produce, transport and recycle, the company claimed.
The Village du Sud carton will be available in Co-op stores across the UK from 29 October for one week at the promotional price of GBP3.99 (US$8) for one litre.
In May, a Reserve range of Fitou, Corbières and Rivesaltes wines was added to the company's portfolio in the UK. A slew of Village Selection and Single Vineyard wines from the Mont Tauch also went on sale.
There are over 300 growers in the Mont Tauch co-operative. UK agent Thierry's handles the portfolio in the UK, where Mont Tauch wines usually sell from GBP4.99 (US$9.63) for entry-level varieties, to GBP9.99 for the Village Selection labels.
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages