UK: Monster signs on-trade distribution deal with Carlsberg
Monster is partnering with Carlsberg in the UK on-trade
Monster Beverage Corporation has signed a deal with Carlsberg to expand its energy drinks distribution in the UK on-trade.
Monster Energy is now Carlsberg's "preferred energy drink" through the brewer's UK freetrade network, the California-based firm announced yesterday (8 Novemeber). Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) and Monster will continue to share on-trade distribution, while CCE remains Monster's off-trade distributor, a company spokesperson told just-drinks.
Monster said the deal will expand the company's footprint in the UK.
“We’re confident that independent licensees buying through Carlsberg UK will see the same uplift in sales that managed pub and bar operators serving the Monster range have enjoyed,” said Andrew Blakely, Monster's on-premise account controller.
Carlsberg will distribute Monster Export, Monster Absolutely Zero, Monster Ripper and Monster X-presso in 25cl cans.
Monster said it saw volumes in the UK increase by 144% last year over the year before, with volume share climbing to 32%.
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research