US: Mondavi posts drop in earnings
Net income for the full year fell from US$25.52m, which included US$3.8m of writedowns, to US$17.33m, which included a US$14.9m net pre-tax charge.
The company said: "We have eliminated about US$6m in annual operating costs, giving us more flexibility to invest in the marketplace. We also expect to reduce our product costs by 10%, which will significantly help margins as these cost savings flow through inventory to our income statement over the next several years."
Revenues for the quarter fell from US$125.05m to US$120.81m. However, for the full year, revenues rose from US$441.36m to US$452.67m.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Molson Coors' Rekorderlig Cider Cocktails - NPD
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends