US: Mondavi hit by lawsuit - reports
The California winemaker Robert Mondavi Winery is at the centre of another legal dispute, this time over an alleged breach of contract with a cork company.
In papers filed with the Napa Superior Court, Gardner Technologies is claiming that Robert Mondavi caused it to lose millions of dollars in potential investments.
Gardner Technologies produces the MetaCork, which uses threaded glass and a special capsule to seal wine bottles with a cork and opens without a corkscrew.
The suit, according to a report by Associated Press Newswires, says that Mondavi provided assurances it would participate in a distribution programme for the closure to start this Christmas.
However, Mondavi, which has been embroiled in a takeover offer from Constellation Wines, itself a reaction to plans from Mondavi to sell off its fine wine division, allegedly backed down on the agreement.
Mondavi was not available for comment but Gardner claims to have lost revenues in the "tens of millions."
A consortium led by Constellation Brands has made a tentative approach for Allied Domecq....
The Board of Directors of Constellation Brands, Inc. has declared a quarterly dividend on the company's 5.75% Series A Mandatory Convertible Preferred Stock, payable on 1 June, to shareholders of reco...
Constellation is expected to launch a counter-bid for Allied Domecq by the end of this month, according to press reports....
The Hardy Wine Company has posted a record grape harvest....
Constellation Brands is to launch a new Australian wine brand onto the US market through its North Lake Wines. The wine will be called Kelly's Revenge....
A host of drinks companies spent the weekend mulling over whether to launch counter-bids for Allied Domecq, according to press reports over the last few days....
This weekend's press reports have thrown up two other interested parties in the potential Allied Domecq carve-up....
Constellation Brands is interested in some of Allied Domecq's spirits brands, according to reports today (15 April)....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends