US: Mondavi family member joins Delicato
Delicato Family Vineyards has appointed a member of the Mondavi family to its board.
The California-based company said today (14 August) that Michael Mondavi was elected on to the board earlier this month. Mondavi co-founded the Robert Mondavi Winery with his father in 1966, and moved on to found Folio Fine Wine Partners in 2004.
"Mr. Mondavi's wealth of knowledge is of great value to Delicato Family Vineyards," said company CEO Chris Indelicato. "Mr. Mondavi shares Delicato's desire to build a thriving vineyard and wine company that consistently exceeds the expectations of its partners and its consumers."
Mondavi added: "With the addition of brands such as Gnarly Head, 337, Irony Napa Valley and the new partnership with Chateau Maris, as well as its continued emphasis on non-traditional packaging, Delicato will become an even bigger force behind the growth of this industry."
Mondavi was appointed president and CEO at Robert Mondavi following the company's public offering in 1994. He was chairman from 2001 to 2004 when the company was sold to Constellation Brands.
Wine Evolution is taking place in Paris on 29-30 January and just-drinks is providing updates live from the event, which brings together the leading lights from the wine world to discuss matters at th...
The departure of John Grant to Hardy Wine Company earlier this month has coincided with three other senior departures at California's Jackson Family Wines. CFO John Bridendall, chief accounting office...
Baron Philippe de Rothschild has unveiled a website for its flagship Mouton Cadet brand....
Constellation Brands has lined up the acquisition of a premium Swedish vodka brand. The US-based drinks giant confirmed today (6 January) that it is set to buy Svedka vodka, from Guillaume Cuvelier an...
Constellation Brands has lined up a replacement for the outgoing president at Hardy Wine Company. John Grant will assume the position at the Australian wine unit, replacing David Woods, who is set to ...
V&S Group has insisted it can do more to drive profits and boost the value of the business. The comments came after V&S chief executive Bengt Baron said the Swedish state-owned company is not yet "at ...
Gambrinus Co. is giving up distribution of a second imported beer brand in the US....
Constellation Brands is hoping for "more co-ordination" among its wine operations after the appointment of Jon Moramarco to head its wine businesses around the globe....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Pernod Ricard targets at-home drinking
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends