CANADA: Molson unveils Ultra
Molson has launched its low-carb, low calorie, regular strength beer in Canada. Molson Ultra hit the streets of Ontario yesterday, and will be introduced to Quebec and western Canada in January.
Ultra contains 2.5 grams of carbohydrates and 97 calories per bottle, but has an alcohol content of 4.5%. In a statement, Peter Amirault, senior vice president of business development and innovation at Molson, said: "Building on its strong brewing heritage, Molson Ultra represents a year of hard work and a commitment to get it right for beer drinkers."
Initially available in 6-bottle packs, Molson Ultra will be competitively priced with other beers in the domestic specialty category.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Molson Coors Brewing Company disappointed investors yesterday by reporting a net loss for the first quarter of 2005. The company said that it had achieved higher consolidated net sales and sales volum...
Molson Coors Brewing Company said yesterday that Daniel J. O'Neill, Vice-chairman, synergies and integration and formerly president and CEO of Molson Inc, has chosen to leave the company May 31 of thi...
Molson Canada has announced it has acquired Ontario microbrewery Creemore Springs Brewery Ltd. Established in 1987, the brewery in Creemore, Ontario, 120 kilometres northwest of Toronto, employs 50 pe...
Alcohol intake amongst young female adults in the UK continues to rise and shows no signs of abating, according to a recent report....
Cobra Beer has launched an alcohol-free beer in South Africa, the UK and in its European and Asian export markets....
Molson Coors has appointed a new chief commercial officer for Molson Canada....
Beringer Blass Wine Estates (BBWE), the Napa-based wine company, is to launch a wine a California wine "designed by women expressly for the US female consumer"....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends