CANADA: Molson to help with Coors beer production
Molson is to start production of Coors' Blue Moon beer for the US market from its Montreal brewery. The company said today (5 May) that this additional volume will drive a C$2m (US$1.6m) investment in upgrades to the brewery.
"The Molson-Coors merger will translate into very interesting opportunities for the Canadian breweries and their employees," said Daniel Pelland, chief brewing officer for Molson Canada.
"This transfer of Blue Moon volume to the Montreal brewery is the first phase of a larger plan to move more volume to our Canadian breweries."
Draught Blue Moon produced in Montreal will be in addition to the current Memphis brewery production volume. "This additional volume is required as a result of the fast-paced growth of the brand in the US market and the additional volume required for this summer," the company said in a statement.
Production is due to begin this month, once the planned Montreal brewery improvements are completed.
Legg Mason has lowered its 2005 earnings per share estimates for the brewer Molson Coors to US$4.28 from US$4.97....
Molson Coors is more likely than not to keep hold of its Brazilian operations because of the huge potential of the market there, an analyst has said. This is despite a run of poor results from the com...
First quarter losses announced last week by Molson Coors are wider than originally reported, according to a recent filing....
Molson Coors Brewing Company disappointed investors yesterday by reporting a net loss for the first quarter of 2005. The company said that it had achieved higher consolidated net sales and sales volum...
Molson Coors Brewing Company said yesterday that Daniel J. O'Neill, Vice-chairman, synergies and integration and formerly president and CEO of Molson Inc, has chosen to leave the company May 31 of thi...
Heineken has its eyes on possible acquisitions in Latin America, according to the company's CEO....
Molson Canada has announced it has acquired Ontario microbrewery Creemore Springs Brewery Ltd. Established in 1987, the brewery in Creemore, Ontario, 120 kilometres northwest of Toronto, employs 50 pe...
Peter M. R. Kendall, chief executive officer of Coors Brewers Limited, the European business unit of Molson Coors Brewing Company, will retire from his post on 1 May....
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- New CEO sparks optimism at Coca-Cola - Analysis
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Edrington's Highland Park Valkyrie - NPD
- Coca-Cola to cut 1,200 jobs
- Coca-Cola looks to fast-growing functional drinks
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report