Molson takes over from Coors as chairman
Geoff Molson is Molson Coors chairman
Molson Coors board member Geoff Molson has assumed the role of chairman - a position previously held by Pete Coors.
The job swap, which is part of a by-law that allows the chairman and vice chairman positions to alternate between the Molson and Coors families on a rotating two-year term, will see Pete Coors become vice chairman.
Molson said: "This has been a time of transformation at Molson Coors under Coor’s guidance as chairman. Under his leadership, the company has significantly expanded its portfolio of products to ensure we are providing the right mix of flavour profiles to satisfy today’s consumer. At the same time, the company has also continued its expansion into select global markets, growing the footprint of brands like Coors Light, Carling and Staropramen. During Coor’s tenure, we also identified the right candidate in Mark Hunter to succeed outgoing CEO Peter Swinburn."
Geoff Molson has served as a Molson Coors director since December 2009.
Pete Coors is chairman of MillerCoors, Molson Coors’ US joint venture with SABMiller.
Canadean's "SABMiller plc : Alcoholic Drinks - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations....
The proposed merger of A-B InBev and SABMiller could enable Molson Coors to establish a prominent independent position in the US beer market....
Canadean's "MillerCoors LLC: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends