CANADA: Molson drafts Bensimon Byrne D'Arcy for more genuine creative
"Bensimon Byrne D'Arcy has earned more of our beer marketing business," explains Michael Downey, Senior Vice President, Marketing, Molson Canada. "Following the strong performance of the I AM Canadian campaign - we are eager to see what type of breakthrough creative is in store for the Miller brands."
The agency's first assignment on the Miller business is the development of new print and outdoor advertising for Miller Genuine Draft for the Western Canada market. The agency received world-wide attention in the spring with the re-birth of the beer company's flagship brand - Molson Canadian. The television campaign was awarded a bronze medal at Cannes, the academy-awards of marketing/advertising, along with numerous other industry accolades.
"What an incredible year this has been for our agency, we were overwhelmed with the response to our current Molson campaign and look forward to building on that success by providing strong creative for the Miller brands as well," says Jack Bensimon, President, Bensimon Byrne D'Arcy. "We consider ourselves fortunate to have such a solid relationship with Molson - it truly is a team effort that is anything but the conventional agency/client model."
Dick Strup, President, Miller International, added "the team at Molson is proving that with the right blend of passionate people working on your business, you can significantly impact a product's success in the market. We're pleased to have Molson lead our marketing efforts in Canada and we welcome Bensimon Byrne D'Arcy to the account."
Molson is Canada's pre-eminent brewer with more than $2 billion in annual sales. Founded in 1786, Molson is North America's oldest beer brand and a global brand name with products that include Molson Canadian, Molson Export, Molson Dry and Rickard's Red.
Molson Coors is more likely than not to keep hold of its Brazilian operations because of the huge potential of the market there, an analyst has said. This is despite a run of poor results from the com...
Molson is to start production of Coors' Blue Moon beer for the US market from its Montreal brewery....
First quarter losses announced last week by Molson Coors are wider than originally reported, according to a recent filing....
Molson Coors Brewing Company disappointed investors yesterday by reporting a net loss for the first quarter of 2005. The company said that it had achieved higher consolidated net sales and sales volum...
Molson Coors Brewing Company said yesterday that Daniel J. O'Neill, Vice-chairman, synergies and integration and formerly president and CEO of Molson Inc, has chosen to leave the company May 31 of thi...
Heineken has its eyes on possible acquisitions in Latin America, according to the company's CEO....
Molson Canada has announced it has acquired Ontario microbrewery Creemore Springs Brewery Ltd. Established in 1987, the brewery in Creemore, Ontario, 120 kilometres northwest of Toronto, employs 50 pe...
Peter M. R. Kendall, chief executive officer of Coors Brewers Limited, the European business unit of Molson Coors Brewing Company, will retire from his post on 1 May....
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- NPD: Brewdog's Born to Die
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review