CANADA: Molson couldn't give a puck...
Molson has announced it will sell 80% of the Montreal Canadiens hockey team and the Molson Centre venue to American businessman, George N. Gillett Jr. for a total of $275m (CND). Molson, has owned the team for 40 years and its marketing in Canada has benefited from the association. It will retain a 20% stake in the hockey team and will receive a total of $190m (CND) in cash. A condition of the sale was to ensure the team remains in the city.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Diageo writes down Shuijingfang value by GBP264m