CANADA: Molson couldn't give a puck...
Molson has announced it will sell 80% of the Montreal Canadiens hockey team and the Molson Centre venue to American businessman, George N. Gillett Jr. for a total of $275m (CND). Molson, has owned the team for 40 years and its marketing in Canada has benefited from the association. It will retain a 20% stake in the hockey team and will receive a total of $190m (CND) in cash. A condition of the sale was to ensure the team remains in the city.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research