Product Launch - UK: Molson Coors Worthington's Red Shield
Molson Coors UK launches Worthington's Red Shield
Molson Coors has launched Worthington's Red Shield.
Category - beer, cask ale, 4.2% abv
Available - Now
Location - UK On-trade
Price - Declined to specify
Distribution - Molson Coors
Worthington's Red Shield is brewed at the new William Worthington's Brewery in Burton-Upon-Trent, England, and is designed to appeal to "modern cask ale drinkers", Molson Coors said today (1 March). Within that sector, pale premium ales are showing strong growth, the brewer added.
"This represents a continuation of our aim to produce accessible, light and refreshing ales to encourage more drinkers into the category," said Jim Appelbee, master brewer at the brewery. Molson Coors opened the brewery at the National Brewery Centre in late 2010, but Worthington's has been brewed in Burton area since the 18th Century.
The new Worthington's brewery produced 1,600 barrels of beer in its first year of operation. In 2012, it plans to brew 6,000 barrels and begin exporting beer to the US, where Molson Coors is the second largest brewer via its MillerCoors joint-venture with SABMiller.
A subisidiary of the Indian division of SABMiller has released details of a marked loss in its latest fiscal year....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends