Molson Coors unveils frozen coasters in GBP6.2m UK push
Molson Coors will give away about 450,000 coasters
Molson Coors is to give away almost 500,000 'Stay-Cold' coasters as part of a new GBP6.2m (US$9.5m) UK marketing push.
When frozen, the coasters help keep pints, bottles or cans of Coors Light cold and will be available for free in the UK on- and off-trade, Molson Coors said today. The concept will be supported by social media and above-the-line media activity.
Molson Coors' brand director portfolio, Ali Pickering, said: "Our consumers are eager to have novel and exciting experiences and we hope the frozen pint activity allows people to get closer to the ice cold refreshment of Coors Light."
The coasters tie in with the latest Coors Light TV ad featuring Jean-Claude Van Damme, which shows the action star drinking a beer so cold it freezes to the bar top.
About 450,000 ‘Stay-Cold’ coasters in three different colours will be given away to consumers. In the on-trade, consumers buying two pints of Coors Light will receive a coaster. In the off-trade, consumers purchasing a pack of Coors Light in selected retailers will receive a free coaster.
Yesterday, Molson Coors announced that board member Geoff Molson has assumed the role of chairman - a position previously held by Pete Coors.
Pabst Brewing Co has filed a lawsuit against MillerCoors, claiming that the SABMiller/Molson Coors JV is attempting to "sabotage Pabst's ability to compete" by hiking up contract brewing prices....
Molson Coors's UK craft unit Sharp's has launched its Sea Fury brand in bottles, to the country's off-trade. ...
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Europe's drinks companies start engines on CETA
- Molson Coors hit by US$500m write-down in Canada
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends