UK: Molson Coors UK marketing chief leaves after 13 years
Molson Coors UK has announced that its marketing director Simon Davies will be leaving after 13 years with the company.
The brewer said it is now seeking a new marketing director to oversee a GBP70m (US$114.7m) brand-building investment as Davies steps down to set up a "specialist consultancy".
Molson Coors UK chief executive Mark Hunter said: "Simon has made a material contribution to Molson Coors UK and we are sorry to be losing him. Our business has never been in better shape and we are confident that it will continue to go from strength to strength."
Davies, previously at Cadbury, will be leaving Molson Coors following the Carling 100% British Barley campaign to attract 1m people back into Britain pubs.
Davies said: "People will say I'm crazy to be leaving at the top of my game to set up a business in one of the worst recessions in living memory, but I wouldn't be doing it if there wasn't a good reason."
Hunter said the company is speaking to a number of high profile candidates to replace Davies on the Molson Coors UK board.
On the six-month anniversary of Cobra Beer's rescue from collapse in the UK by Molson Coors, just-drinks deputy editor Chris Mercer spoke with Cobra founder Lord Karan Bilimoria about the dark days an...
Destocking and economic turmoil aside, 2009 must surely be the year when Japan's latent drinks giants seized their chance to make themselves heard on the international scene....
What 2009 lacked in explosive headlines in the brewing category, it more than made up for in tactical manoeuvres for the future. Olly Wehring considers a year that was always going to struggle, in eve...
Irish drinks company C&C Group saw its share price jump nearly 9% this week following the announcement it has agreed to purchase the UK cider assets of Constellation Brands. Michelle Russell looks at ...
Heineken UK has cut its growth estimate for sales of long alcoholic drinks aimed at women....
Molson Coors Brewing Company has begun selling Coors Light in Trinidad and Tobago....
UK alcohol charity Drinkaware has received a further GBP5m (US$8.1m) of funding from the drinks industry in a bid to continue tackling the issue of alcohol misuse....
Big Rock Brewery has announced the appointment of a new president....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review