US: Molson Coors to repay EUR500m note on StarBev buy
Molson Coors bought StarBev last year
Molson Coors is set to repay a EUR500m (US$670m) bond issued to part-fund its purchase of StarBev last year.
In June 2012, the North American brewer acquired StarBev from CVC Capital Partners for around EUR2.65bn (US$3.54bn). StarBev advised Molson Coors earlier this week that it wants to exercise its right to put the EUR500m Zero-Coupon Senior Unsecured Convertible Bond, which is due this year.
“To satisfy its repayment obligations under the note,”, the brewer said, “Molson Coors intends to use one or more of the following sources: cash on hand, borrowings from existing credit facilities, and/or the proceeds from the issuance of unsecured commercial paper notes under its commercial paper programme, announced in March 2013.”
Earlier this month, Molson Coors credited StarBev with helping to drive half-year sales and profits.
Last week, MillerCoors unveiled the biggest brand launch in its five-and-a-half year history: Miller Fortune, a beer designed to take on the spirits market. But, how will this strategy play out, and w...
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Bulgaria beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and ...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research