US: Molson Coors to repay EUR500m note on StarBev buy
Molson Coors bought StarBev last year
Molson Coors is set to repay a EUR500m (US$670m) bond issued to part-fund its purchase of StarBev last year.
In June 2012, the North American brewer acquired StarBev from CVC Capital Partners for around EUR2.65bn (US$3.54bn). StarBev advised Molson Coors earlier this week that it wants to exercise its right to put the EUR500m Zero-Coupon Senior Unsecured Convertible Bond, which is due this year.
“To satisfy its repayment obligations under the note,”, the brewer said, “Molson Coors intends to use one or more of the following sources: cash on hand, borrowings from existing credit facilities, and/or the proceeds from the issuance of unsecured commercial paper notes under its commercial paper programme, announced in March 2013.”
Earlier this month, Molson Coors credited StarBev with helping to drive half-year sales and profits.
Last week, MillerCoors unveiled the biggest brand launch in its five-and-a-half year history: Miller Fortune, a beer designed to take on the spirits market. But, how will this strategy play out, and w...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
The 2012 acquisition of StarBev raised Molson Coors from ninth to seventh in the global beer market and significantly expanded its international coverage. This profile analyses the opportunities deriv...
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Bulgaria beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and ...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report