US/CANADA: Molson Coors to pay dividend
Molson Coors has declared a quarterly dividend of US$0.20 per share, payable on 15 December to shareholders of record on 28 November.
The quarterly dividend is payable to holders of Class A and Class B common stock of Molson Coors Brewing Company, as well as to holders of Class A and Class B exchangeable shares of Molson Coors Canada Inc, the group said today (14 November).
Molson said on 5 November that net earnings for the thirteen weeks ended 28 September rose by 28% to US$173m. Underlying net profit after tax for the period crept up to $176m, from $173m in the same quarter last year.
Global beer volumes increased 7.4% on a reported basis, to 12m hectolitres.
BrewDog, the Scottish microbrewer, has reported a rise in beer sales by volume of more than 400% in the first quarter of 2009, thanks to new listings in retailers and bars....
Molson Coors has seen net profits more than double in the first quarter of 2009, due to higher beer prices and cost savings initiatives....
MillerCoors, the US joint venture between Molson Coors and SABMiller, has reported a 50% rise in net profits for the first quarter of 2009....
Cobra Beer chief executive Adrian McKeon has left his position as a sale of the brewer enters its final stages....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
The chief executive of Molson Coors is calling for a meeting with the Chancellor following the 2% increase in beer duty in yesterday's (22 April) budget....
Cobra Beer has declined to comment on a report that entrepreneur Wilbur Ross and brewer Molson Coors have teamed up to buy the firm....
SABMiller has reported a dip in global beer volumes for its fourth quarter, reflecting the impact of the economic downturn in its markets acrosss Eastern Europe, Latin America and Asia....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts