SPAIN/UK: Molson Coors teams with Mahou San Miguel for Carling
Carling gets Mahou San Miguel leg-up in Spain
The UK arm of Molson Coors has tied up with Mahou San Miguel to handle the distribution of its Carling lager brand in Spain and its neighbouring islands.
Mahou San Miguel, which owns the San Miguel lager brand, said today (3 March) that it will distribute Carling on the mainland as well as in the Balearic Islands and the Canaries, both in barrels and cans for the hotel market.
Molson Coors had previously worked with a network of ten independent distributors focus in the coastal areas and tourist spots of the Canary Islands, Balearics and on Spain's Mediterranean coast. The division has switched to Mahou San Miguel to “expand our business across Spain partnering with the market's top brewer and leverage on Mahou San Miguel's distribution network of around 1,100 agents”, a spokesperson for Molson Coors UK told just-drinks.
“By distributing a favourite traditional brand from the UK, we are once again reinforcing our own leadership in the Spanish market,” the company said.
Dave McCarthy, managing director of Europe, Molson Coors International, added: “An integral part of Molson Coors’ international growth strategy is establishing these kinds of valued partnerships with leading brewers. We are confident that extending the Carling brand in Europe’s fourth largest beer market will give us even greater momentum as we plan for additional partnership opportunities across Europe and elsewhere around the world.”
Mahou San Miguel is not to be confused with San Miguel Brewery in the Philippines.
Molson Coors has detailed its next dividend payment....
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Diageo Q1 sales dip "in line with expectations"
- Moet Hennessy sales falter in YTD