US: Molson Coors targets US$500m note offer injection
Molson Coors is looking to raise US$500m from a convertible senior note offer.
The North American brewer said yesterday (11 June) that the offer, due in 2013, will be convertible into shares of its class B common stock. Molson Coors hopes to use the majority of the net proceeds to fund a tender offer by its Coors Brewing subsidiary to buy up to $450m of its outstanding 6% senior notes due in 2012.
In addition, some of the funds will be used to pay the net cost of the convertible note hedge that it expects to enter into at the same time as the offering. The company also intends to use the remaining net proceeds of approximately $50m for voluntary funding of pension obligations.
Last month, Molson Coors posted an improved performance in the first quarter of 2007, on the back of cost reductions and increased volumes. First-quarter income from continuing operations after tax reached US$19.2m. Excluding special items, income hit $25.1m, compared with an after-tax loss of $0.4m in the first quarter 2006.
The announcement earlier this week that Carlsberg and Heineken are discussing making a bid for Scottish & Newcastle came far too early for the two European brewers. With no bid having been actually ma...
News this week that SABMiller and Molson Coors are to team up in the US beer market may have caught the industry by surprise, but the logic is compelling. As Olly Wehring reports, not only can the dea...
Molson Coors Brewing Co. has confirmed that one of its board directors has resigned....
Molson Coors Brewing Co. has retracted an online marketing campaign in Canada with social networking website Facebook, because its message was being interpreted as promoting irresponsible drinking....
SABMiller and Molson Coors have been hit with an anti-trust request for its joint venture in the US....
Grupo Modelo has extended its distribution agreement with Molson Coors Brewing in Canada....
Molson Coors Brewing Company has confirmed details of its latest dividend payment....
Molson Coors Brewing has posted a slide in net profit for its third quarter, with sales in the period following suit....
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Heineken CEO spies trouble ahead for UK
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo puts Bacardi in frame with white rum ads
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Heineken ups sales, profits despite volume squeeze
- Mast-Jagermeister closes Sidney Frank buy
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research