Product Launch - UK: Molson Coors' Sharp’s Brewery Equinox Citrus IPA
Equinox Citrus IPA is the first in a new series
Molson Coors' Sharp’s Brewery Equinox Citrus IPA
Category - Beer, citrus-flavoured IPA, 3.8% abv
Available - From today (30 August)
Location - UK, on-trade
Price - Price at discretion of Sharp's customers
Distribution - Sharp’s Brewery
Molson Coors-owned UK brewer Sharp’s has launched the first in a series of bi-monthly beers, which it claims is in response to consumer requests for more guest beers on a regular basis.
Equinox Citrus IPA is flavoured with citrus fruits and “has a bitter, orange-zest taste, with a hint of sweet malt”, according to the brewer. Cornwall-based Sharp’s Brewery, best known for its Doom Bar cask ale, was acquired by Molson Coors two years ago.
30th August 2013: Today, Sharp’s Brewery is launching Equinox Citrus IPA (3.8% abv), to celebrate the changing of the seasons. The new, light golden cask beer has been brewed specially for this time of year, offering a refreshing accompaniment to the final weeks of a glorious British summer.
On 22nd September, the autumnal equinox marks the arrival of the new season, when night and day are the same length. Equinox Citrus IPA has a bitter, orange-zest taste, with a hint of sweet malt, followed by a crisp, spicy finish.
The new beer is the first in a series of bi-monthly offerings from Sharp’s, which is responding to its on-trade customers’ requests for guest beers on a more frequent basis.
Stuart Howe, Head of Craft Brewing and Innovation at Sharp’s, said: “Equinox Citrus IPA has been designed to refresh on a hot day whilst it is also capable of delivering a substantial cask beer experience for an autumn night. Boasting a sweet fruit aroma, our new beer has a complex yet clean flavour that will intrigue and delight cask lovers in the coming weeks.”
Original source: Company Release
Earlier this week, we published the first part of an interview with MillerCoors' sales president, Ed McBrien, where he explained the thinking behind's the JV's biggest launch to date, Miller Fortune. ...
Last week, MillerCoors unveiled the biggest brand launch in its five-and-a-half year history: Miller Fortune, a beer designed to take on the spirits market. But, how will this strategy play out, and w...
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Coca-Cola Amatil FY 2016 - results data
- Heineken's new range foreshadows craft's future
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends