US: Molson Coors responds to strike action
Molson Coors Brewing Co. has said that a strike at one of its breweries will not stop it shipping beer this summer.
Molson Coors said today (6 June), that workers at the brewery, in Edmonton, Alberta, have been on strike for the past week after a bargaining agreement expired and negotiations were unsuccessful. However, the company has said it aims to supply the Alberta market with supplies from other breweries.
The US brewer recently posted an improved performance in the first quarter of 2007, on the back of cost reductions and increased volumes.
First-quarter income from continuing operations after tax reached US$19.2m, and excluding special items, income from continuing operations was $25.1m, or $0.28 per diluted share, compared with an after-tax loss of $0.4m, or $0.01 loss per diluted share, in the first quarter 2006.
The results also came in ahead of analysts' forecasts, which had been for around $0.24 per share. Volumes rose by 2.9% to 10.4m hectolitres, while net sales increased by 6.5% to $1.23bn.
The announcement earlier this week that Carlsberg and Heineken are discussing making a bid for Scottish & Newcastle came far too early for the two European brewers. With no bid having been actually ma...
News this week that SABMiller and Molson Coors are to team up in the US beer market may have caught the industry by surprise, but the logic is compelling. As Olly Wehring reports, not only can the dea...
Molson Coors Brewing Co. has retracted an online marketing campaign in Canada with social networking website Facebook, because its message was being interpreted as promoting irresponsible drinking....
SABMiller and Molson Coors have been hit with an anti-trust request for its joint venture in the US....
Grupo Modelo has extended its distribution agreement with Molson Coors Brewing in Canada....
Molson Coors Brewing Company has confirmed details of its latest dividend payment....
Molson Coors Brewing has posted a slide in net profit for its third quarter, with sales in the period following suit....
Molson Coors Brewing has officially opened a new brewery in Canada....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report