CANADA: Molson Coors Q2 earnings double
Molson Coors has reported second quarter earnings more than twice higher than in the same period a year earlier.
Net income for the three months to the end of June rose by around 136% to US$187m, compared to $79.4m in the same period a year earlier, Molson Coors said today (03 August). Underlying earnings after tax rose by a fifth to $205m for the period.
"Our company is off to a solid start in the first half of this year, reflecting the benefit of our strong brands, strategic initiatives, and cost reduction programmes," said CEO Peter Swinburn.
Beer sales by volume slipped 3% for the second quarter.
Net sales fell to $798m, down from $1.76bn in the same quarter a year earlier. Net sales for the first six months of 2009 fell to $1.36bn, from $3.1bn last year.
For the full announcement, click here.
For Molson Coors Q1 results, click here.
An update, following the brewer's conference call, appears here.
What 2009 lacked in explosive headlines in the brewing category, it more than made up for in tactical manoeuvres for the future. Olly Wehring considers a year that was always going to struggle, in eve...
Molson Coors UK is to up its marketing spend for 2010 by GBP8.1m (US$13.2m) in a bid to try and stimulate performance of the beer category....
MillerCoors, the US brewing venture of SABMiller and Molson Coors, has launched a number of initiatives in support of drunk driving prevention in the country....
Molson Coors (UK) and Bibendum have announced a trading deal that will see Bibendum products added to Molson's One Stop Shop Service in the UK....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020