CANADA: Molson Coors prepare new deal - report
Molson and Coors are preparing a more attractive merger deal for Molson's divided shareholders, according to press reports. The Globe and Mail said today (5 November 2004) that the two brewers were considering a plan yesterday to sweeten their proposed merger agreement for Molson shareholders.
While the proposed merger is widely supported by Molson's Class B voting shareholders, Class A non-voting shareholders are less enthusiastic, the newspaper said.
Molson's board of directors met last night to consider the proposal for a revised agreement. The proposed sweetener is not believed to affect the exchange ratio, through which Molson's Class A shareholders would receive 0.36 share in Coors for every Molson share. There has been speculation that one way to boost support for the merger would be to pay a special dividend from Molson's treasury before the merger takes effect.
Molson officials declined to comment on the possibility of a sweetened deal for Molson shareholders. A Coors spokesperson said the company does not comment on rumour or speculation.
Molson Coors is more likely than not to keep hold of its Brazilian operations because of the huge potential of the market there, an analyst has said. This is despite a run of poor results from the com...
Molson is to start production of Coors' Blue Moon beer for the US market from its Montreal brewery....
First quarter losses announced last week by Molson Coors are wider than originally reported, according to a recent filing....
Molson Coors Brewing Company disappointed investors yesterday by reporting a net loss for the first quarter of 2005. The company said that it had achieved higher consolidated net sales and sales volum...
Molson Coors Brewing Company said yesterday that Daniel J. O'Neill, Vice-chairman, synergies and integration and formerly president and CEO of Molson Inc, has chosen to leave the company May 31 of thi...
Heineken has its eyes on possible acquisitions in Latin America, according to the company's CEO....
Molson Canada has announced it has acquired Ontario microbrewery Creemore Springs Brewery Ltd. Established in 1987, the brewery in Creemore, Ontario, 120 kilometres northwest of Toronto, employs 50 pe...
Peter M. R. Kendall, chief executive officer of Coors Brewers Limited, the European business unit of Molson Coors Brewing Company, will retire from his post on 1 May....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets