CANADA/US: Molson Coors overtakes Anheuser-Busch as NASCAR sponsor
The sponsorship will give the company's Coors Light beer brand exclusive rights to NASCAR logos in advertising, packaging and promotions, the company said yesterday (25 September).
Anheuser-Busch, which announced in December that its 25-year title sponsorship of NASCAR's Busch Series of stock-car races would end after the 2007 season, said that the decision reflected the company's shift to marketing online.
NASCAR reportedly hoped to hike the sponsorship price to between US$35-$40m a year following A-B's $10m a year deal. Details of the deal were not disclosed.
Cadbury Schweppes has appointed four new members to the board of directors of Dr Pepper Snapple Group, its US beverages subsidiary, including the former Coca-Cola COO Jack Stahl. The other appointment...
Tsingtao Brewery Co.'s planned issue of bonds has received approval from regulators in China, according to reports....
Diageo and Anheuser-Busch have been attacked for "encouraging and sanctioning binge drinking" in the US in the run-up to St. Patrick's Day....
Molson Coors Brewing Co. is looking to cut around 4% of its global work force....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
The Beer Institute lobbied the US government to the tune of US$640,000 in 2007, according to a recent disclosure form....
The head of Anheuser-Busch took home over US$12m in 2007, according to a recent filing....
Anheuser-Busch is looking to "decomoditise" its Budweiser brand in the UK with a new campaign for the beer....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report