UK: Molson Coors offers up free pints of Carling
Free Carling for 2m households
Molson Coors UK is trying to tempt drinkers back into pubs and bars by offering 2m free pints of its Carling lager.
The brewer has this month posted free pint vouchers to 2m households across the country, inviting them to enjoy a free pint at any pub offering Carling lager.
Industry figures show that around 40 pubs close down every week in the UK, reflecting the growing number of consumers who choose to buy alcohol from retailers and drink at home.
Molson Coors' campaign follows a 2009 marketing programme that celebrated Carling's use of 100% British Barley, during which consumers were also offered incentives to revisit their local pub or club.
The new campaign is part of a series of on-trade marketing activities planned by Molson Coors UK throughout the summer. All brewers in the UK have prepared marketing campaigns around England's involvement in the FIFA World Cup, which begins in South Africa on 11 June.
Last week, Molson Coors reached out to off-trade drinkers by launching its Home Draught keg.
- Pernod Ricard's Q3 2017 trading update - Preview
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- How soft drinks brands manage to offend consumers
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- William Grant snaps up Tuthilltown Spirits in US
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020