US/CANADA: Molson Coors lines up almost 400 job cuts
Molson Coors Brewing Co. is looking to cut around 4% of its global work force.
The North American brewer said yesterday (13 March) that it will eliminate up to 390 jobs in its human resources, IT and finance divisions in the US, Canada and the UK. Molson Coors has said it will be outsourcing some duties to Hewlett-Packard as part of the move.
Speaking to reporters, a spokesperson for the company said that the cuts and a reorganisation would allow the company to share human resources, IT and finance employees across its global divisions.
No-one was immediately available for further comment at Molson Coors when contacted by just-drinks today.
Coors Brewing has lined up new packaging for its Coors Light beer brand in the UK on- and off-trade....
Coors Brewers has blamed "extraordinary times" in the UK beer market for its decision to up wholesale prices in the country later this month....
Rising consumer interest in speciality beers and a fresh round of industry consolidation have given brewers in the US reasons to be optimistic, a report says....
PLB has given the packaging for Brazilian beer brand Palma Louca a revamp in the UK....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week included news the world's number one wine group was to reduce its Australian footprint, Coca-Cola has acquired assets in Colombia and Diageo i...
Molson Coors has posted a marked drop in profits for the first half of this year, as one-off charges made their presence felt....
MillerCoors, the new US brewer formed by SABMiller and Molson Coors, has announced it is suspending a new range of Miller Lite beers following a disappointing trial....
Shares in SABMiller fell this morning (31 July) after the brewer said organic lager volumes dipped 1.6% in its first quarter....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends